Thanks to all that participated!
The BAA held it's 1st Charity/Give Back day in the form of scrimmages on Sunday, Nov 29. Not only did we manage to collect a TON of food for some of the local food pantries, we also were able to raise a great amount of money to help both Panther Backpack as well as a family who we feel could use a helping hand this Christmas. Thanks so much to everyone who helped out, and who helped us support our community!!! Our 6th grade boys team coached by Bill Smith participated in the Blanchester Tip Off Classic this past weekend (Nov 28-29). Well....these boys won!!! Big shout out to the team and the coaches for this AMAZING start to the season!!!
Ohio's Return-to-Play Law - concussion information
- Applies to interscholastic sports and all youth sports organizations.
- Requires coaches, assistants, referees, and officials to complete a free online training program in recognizing concussion symptoms every three years.
- Requires a coach or referee to remove a player from competition (or practice) if they show signs/symptoms of a concussion.
- Athletes shall not return to play/practice on the same day they are removed.
- Prohibits athletes from returning to lay/practice until they have been cleared by a doctor or other licensed health care provider in writing.
- Requires programs to provide parents a concussion information sheet from the Ohio Department of Health. (BAA coaches will provide this info sheet to parents. You may also download the sheet below.)
- Please click the following link to register and complete the required concussion training course: http://www.nfhslearn.com/electiveDetail.aspx?courseID=38000
- Background check forms are to be completed and returned to a BAA officer prior to the start of each sporting season (blank form attached below)
- Background checks must be completed by all Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Mom/Dad, those persons that help with practices, and anyone interested in volunteering in the concession stand or with any area of the BAA
- Background checks are free of charge to you, and it will help all of us ensure the safety of our children!!!
3rd ANNUAL HOLIDAY CLASSIC CHAMPS!!
Here are a few of our champs from this weekend!!